TJ Reid Health and Fitness is a fast-growing state of the art fitness club based in Cillin Hill, Kilkenny city. We aim to bring the health and fitness life style into local community and facilitate all levels of fitness from beginners to experienced gym goers. We plan on continuing to grow and expand to establish a unique brand and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
Group Exercises Classes
- Leading group exercise classes
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness. Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants’ capabilities and limitations.
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
Client Services – Gym Floor
- Monitor client’s progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Conduct fitness assessments, consultations and introduction sessions for new clients.
- Demonstrating activities for clients to follow.
- Advise clients about proper clothing and shoes.
- Showing clients how to use exercise machines and free weights properly
- Supervising gym floor to make sure that clients are exercising safely and effectively
- Administer emergency first aid, wrap injuries, treat minor chronic disabilities, or refer injured persons to physicians.
Fitness Club Maintenance
- Maintain and secure the functions of gym equipment’s to avoid accidents.
- Maintain the cleanliness in the gym
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations and the use of exercise equipment.
- Maintain equipment inventories, and select, store, or issue equipment as needed.
- Promote Club through membership sales, and record member information.
- Represent Club at public events
- Covering reception duties during receptionist break as required
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by Club Manager
- A national recognised NCEHS/NCEF fitness instructor qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in Personal Training with case studies of transformations and references from clients if required.
- Evaluate individuals’ abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A friendly and confident personality with excellent people skills
- Highly professional in approach and dealing with members and other members of team
- Someone creative with good coordination skills
- Fully qualified and experienced in teaching fitness classes is essential
- Strong knowledge of nutrition essential
- Computer literate
Fitness Classes requirements
- Suspension Training / TRX
- Boot Camp / Circuit training
- Step Aerobics
- Strength & Conditioning classes
- Spin / Indoor Cycling
- HIIT classes
- Mobility and Movement
Must be available to work early morning, evening and weekend shifts Excellent / Fluent English